Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Salary: £9.26 /hour
EveryDay Dementia Care is excited to be recruiting for Dementia specialist Care Assistants in Newcastle and North Tyneside.
We are looking for experienced care workers who have an NVQ Level 3 or above in Health and Social Care and access to a car for work purposes. – Apply here –
As a Dementia specialist Care Assistant you will provide different levels of care to our customers and their families living with dementia. We recognise that there is no one approach to dementia care, the successful candidates must be able to adapt to changes in customer’s needs and abilities. Successful candidates will provide support with regular reviews of the customers’ care needs with family members and other professionals like Admiral Nurses.
Experience of working with people living with dementia and their families is essential.
The successful candidates will be provided with regular clinical supervision with an Admiral Nurse who are registered Mental Health Nurses. We also provide specialist dementia training developed by us and delivered by our team of Admiral Nurses in addition to the opportunity to participate in virtual dementia training.
As a Dementia specialist Care Assistant your goal is to promote and enable our clients to live as independently as possible within their own homes. This role could involve companionship, shopping, meal preparation, aiding with medication, bathing and personal care duties, supporting people to access the community and providing respite time for family carers.
For an informal conversation about this role call Emily Sinclair – Care at Home Manager on 077253210189.
What we offer our employees
We offer an enhanced rate of pay to all specialist Dementia Care Assistants of £9.26 per hour including travel time (a pay award is pending for 2019).
As well as fantastic rates of pay, we also provide our care assistants with a range of employee benefits:
- Paid training and induction
- Paid DBS check
- Two free EveryDay care assistant uniforms
- 4 weeks paid holiday – separate to hourly rate
- 8 days paid bank holidays
- Mileage paid at 20p per mile OR staff can use one of the EveryDay pool cars
- Double time for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- £5 Monthly payment for mobile phone users
- Staff engagement forum representing group employees
- Annual pay review
- Health and wellbeing events
- Loyalty bonus paid after two years’ service
- Refer a friend scheme £200 payment
- Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
We require you to have:
- The right to work in the UK
- Extensive experience working with people living with dementia.
- An NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- A valid Driver’s Licence and your own car
Full time & Part Time positions available at £9.26 per hour including travel time.
EveryDay is a social enterprise, wholly owned by Age UK North Tyneside. All profit generated form our care services are returned to the charity to help fund vital services and activities for older people.
For more than 20 years, EveryDay has been providing regular care services all across North Tyneside. Through our dedication to care this lead to the launch of our Home Care Business in 2005. In 2017, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) awarded us a ‘Good’ rating for the quality of our care which we strive to uphold and exceed as our enterprise continues to grow.