Team Leader North Shields Area
Job Type: Permanent Salary: Salary: £17,303 36.25 (5 days a week)
EveryDay, a social enterprise wholly owned by Age UK North Tyneside, is looking to recruit a Team Leader.
This position is for a permanent member of staff.
Purpose and Duties
- To assist the Area Care at Home Manager in ensuring the effective and efficient provision of a quality Community Home/Extra Care Service, in order to meet the needs and aspirations of individuals, their families and friends and to meet contractual obligations, statutory requirements and pre-determined service delivery standards.
- As a team Leader you will be expected to lead and motivate your team in meeting the care and support needs of customers in a way that promotes independence, respect and dignity of the individual.
- Team Leaders will be required to undertake on-call duties in order to meet the service delivery and undertake on-call shifts as and when required by the organisation.
- To ensure compliance with the Group Safeguarding Policy & Framework, and to report safeguarding issues in line with the Group Safeguarding Policy and North Tyneside’s Multi Agency Policy.
- To liaise with other agencies, statutory bodies and other group’s to ensure overall consideration and the proper co-ordination of all the customers’ care and support needs.
- To review customer’s Service Plans at eight weeks, six months and thereafter annually recording progress against goals and changes.
- To assess customers and negotiate appropriate care and support plans including carers, families and other agencies where appropriate.
- Health and Social Care Level 3 or similar qualification in a similar field
- Demonstrable understanding and working knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2010
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of quality issues and good practice in relation to the client group and service delivery
- Preferably health & safety qualification
Further information and an application pack can be obtained from HRteam@ageuknorthtyneside.org.uk
Age UK North Tyneside is proud to carry the positive about disabled people symbol due to our commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness. We recruit the most suitable individuals for each vacancy regardless of sex, sexuality, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, social or economic background or caring responsibilities.
Closing: 4.30pm Monday 24th February 2020
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.