Managing the Home Care Circus
The Elders Council has recently produced with Digital Voice a video to capture the key messages from their work “Managing the Home Care Circus”. The animation accompanies their report which was published in January 2021 and is based on their investigation into the experiences of older people and carers of home care services.
The report describes an investigation about home care and what advice older people would give to others. It was carried out by and written for older people in Newcastle and beyond.
It gives an insight into the realities of securing good home care services that enable older adults to remain at home, but with some choice and independence.
The key messages:
- Be proactive in asking for help
- Plan ahead; get thinking about the future
- Seek advice and get support
- Get assessed and know how the system works
- Find out about specific services and the costs involved
- Sort out legal and financial matters
Need help? Why not call Age UK North Tyneside’s Information & Advice team on 0191 280 8484 Option 1 for more advice around benefits or social care provision.