Staff Vaccine Update
This week we vaccinated another 129 staff and volunteers at North Tyneside General Hospital. A fantastic achievement and so gratefully received by all those involved. The whole process was extremely well organised which reminded us how lucky we are here in North Tyneside to have two “outstanding” NHS Trusts in Northumbria HealthCare Foundation Trust and Newcastle City Hospitals Foundation Trust.
Public Health Advice
Our colleagues in Public Health have reminded us this week that whilst the majority of us have been vaccinated we must continue to uphold all other key controls such as wearing PPE, socially distancing etc.
- Our daily statistics remain strong with staff absence increasing by 1% to 7% this week, we have 3 staff absent with C-19 and 6 staff in isolation, which includes all 6 staff who are medically shielding.
- Our customers, thankfully, remain safe and well, we have no customers reported with C-19. No-one showing symptoms and no recorded deaths from C-19.
- 268 staff, out of 301, have now had their vaccination
- 48 of our front line volunteers have also now had the vaccine too.
- The Senior Leadership Team this week have asked all Managers to update Risk Assessments to reflect the vaccination programme and to identify any additional controls measures required
- The Senior Leadership Team have also agreed this week to extend the isolation period from 10 days to 14 days, we feel this is necessary to reflect the new variant of the virus and, it also reflects good practice.
As always we will endeavour to keep all of our stakeholders informed of updates relating to care and service provision.
Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team
Tel: 0191 2877028