EveryDay Living: Help around the home
Our home support services are available seven days a week, at times which suit you best. If you are out at work during the day, we offer a secure key-holding service meaning that you can return home to a clean and tidy house at the end of the day.
EveryDay Living provides a complete home support service to customers across Newcastle and North Tyneside. Whether you are short on time or struggling to do some of the work needed around the home, we are happy to help.
We offer a full range of home support services to help you get on with everyday life. This page offers a flavour of just some of what we could do to support you, but we are always happy to tailor a service to suit your own individual needs. We pride ourselves on providing a high-quality, reliable service.
All of our staff undergo regular training and development – and all are required to have cleared an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (a search of police records) before they begin working for us.
From everyday tasks to a more intensive ‘spring clean’, we take on all of the work needed to keep your home spick and span. Not only do we offer a secure key-holding service so you don’t even need to be at home when we call but we can even bring all of our own cleaning supplies with us or use your own preferred brands.
Lending a hand from changing the bedding to doing the laundry and ironing, we can help your home run smoothly. Whether you are struggling for time – or just struggling to get the jobs done, let our team help take the load off you.
Pet sitting and walking
For many of us, our pets are just as important to us as our friends and family. We can help you care for your pets, from playing with them and feeding them, cleaning out the cages, taking them to vets appointments or just taking them out for a walk during the day.
While gardens bring joy all the year round, they do require a lot of attention. Let us take the strain with a range of gardening support services – from general maintenance, mowing the lawn, weeding the borders and trimming the hedge.
Cooking and preparing meals
From breakfast through to tea, we can help you to prepare tasty and nutritious meals morning, noon and night.
Whether you need groceries, household essentials or new clothes, our staff can visit the shops on your behalf or accompany you if you’d like some company. If you’d like to try internet shopping, we can help you get connected so that you can explore the high street from the comfort of your own home.
Getting out and about
A lifeline service for some of our older customers, we can help you to meet up with friends, take part in activities, attend appointments or visit a favourite restaurant or theatre show.
Sometimes we all need a friendly person to chat to. Our teams work as an extension to your own family to support you and your family at home. We are always happy to make time for you, to sit down, listen and have a cup of tea while we put the world to rights.
Feedback from our 2021 Customer Consultation Exercise
- Some years ago I tried a private comparable service – I got half the quality for twice the price. Your service is marvellous. Keep up the good work.
- My shopper comes once a week. She is always on time and always lets me know in advance if day or time needs to be adjusted at all.
- All staff I have met have been obliging, concerned and dedicated on my welfare.
- We are extremely pleased with the service, Mam (D) enjoys the weekly trips to the café with Michelle. Also Michelle is able to sit with Dad (T) if mam has an appointment. An invaluable service. Thank you.
- I’ve been very grateful for the service during lockdown. My home carer was the only person to visit once a week.
- Have already recommended to a friend. The helpers (past and current) are responsive to my needs.
- We have domestic help for two hours per week and we are very pleased with our helper. She knows us and our ways and is very efficient and pleasant.
- The girls that call are very kind and caring. I tell people all the time about the good help that you provide. I could not manage without your help