Trainee Care at Home Area Manager
We are looking for two enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who have a natural passion for working in Health & Social Care, and who have the drive and determination to progress their career into Management.
As part of a 12 month training plan you will work closely with the Care at Home Area Manager and receive the necessary experience and training required to become a Care at Home Area Manager. You will receive operational hands on, on the job management experience and will be required to complete a Level 5 Leadership and Management qualification in Health & Social Care.
You will assist the Head of EveryDay Professional Care & Support Services in ensuring the effective and efficient provision of a quality Home Care Service, in order to meet the needs and aspirations of individuals, their families and friends and to meet contractual obligations, statutory requirements and pre-determined service delivery standards.
You will line manage teams comprising of Team Leader’s and Personal Support Assistants operating in this service area, providing supervision and support in line with objectives and standards.
You will lead and motivate the staff team in meeting the support needs of customers, in a way that promotes independence, respect and dignity for the individual.
- To uphold and demonstrate to others how the values and behaviours of the organisation are upheld
- To work consistently to a high standard and demonstrate continuous improvement
- To assess and manage risk in collaboration with the Care at Home Area Manager and Head of Service
- To work in ‘line’ with the organisation’s Policies and Procedures and Financial Regulations at all times
- As a Health & Safety Officer for your area of work you would implement the Group Health & Safety Policy and maintain and promote health and safety measures including those relating to the conduct of risk assessment
- To undertake all operational aspects of service delivery
- To assist in ensuring quality systems are upheld, monitored and reviewed
- To ensure compliance with safeguarding policies and deal with safeguarding issues in line with the Group Multi Agency Policy
- To assist the Care at Home Area Manager & Head of Professional Care & Support Services in ensuring the service complies with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and continues to meet its registration requirements with the Care Quality Commission
- To undertake any service improvement programme that may be identified through inspection, audit or customer feedback
- To ensure the Equal Opportunities policies, principles and practices are observed and implemented throughout service delivery
- To provide accurate and timely management information and reports to the Care at Home Area Manager within agreed timeframes
- To provide accurate and timely financial information in order to support the Care at Home Area Manager to monitor budget expenditure for the project areas
- To ensure effective networking and liaison with other agencies by participating in relevant meetings
- To provide cover during absence for other Care at Home Area Managers.
Further information and an application pack can be obtained from HRTeam@ageuknorthtyneside.org.uk
Age UK North Tyneside is proud to carry the positive about disabled people symbol due to our commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness. We recruit the most suitable individuals for each vacancy regardless of sex, sexuality, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, social or economic background or caring responsibilities.